XYZ SM2000 PROTOTRAK MILLING MACHINE
This is a King Rich KR-V2000 milling machine with a Proto Trak 2 axis CNC controller, manufactured by XYZ CNC machine tools.
It was manufactured in 2003 and has come from a plastics machining business who have used it almost exclusively for machining plastics which is reflected in the condition of the machine, there is very little sign of wear in the guide ways and it is in very good mechanical condition.
This machine has been professionally refurbished by experienced engineers in the Mavrik Innovations Ltd workshop. Every part of this machine has been stripped down, cleaned, inspected, and repaired or replaced if necessary.
The work carried out includes:
• Every bearing on the machine has been replaced including the spindle bearings
• The spindle drive belts have been replaced (Vari-speed belt and low-speed belt)
• All lubrication lines have been purged and checked, several have been replaced
• Lubrication unit stripped and cleaned, fresh oil flushed through
• All guide-ways cleaned and lightly oil-stoned
• All gibs adjusted to manufacturers specs
• New quill spring and handle
• New Z-axis encoder rail
This is a great machine and a big step up from a manual mill, at the same price. The Proto Trak CNC controller is a tried and tested favourite in tool rooms and jobbing shops all over the world, with intuitive user interface it is easy to use and program with loads of built-in functions. With plenty of support from forums online this is a great way of getting started with CNC machining if you want to upgrade from a manual machine.